Makundi Klabu Bingwa Africa 2022/2023 – CAF Champions League Group Stage
Droo ya Makundi Klabu Bingwa Africa 2022/2023,Droo ya Klabu Bingwa Africa 2022/2023 – CAF Champions League
The CAF Champions League, also known as the TotalEnergies CAF Champions League due to sponsorship reasons and was formerly known as the African Cup of Champions Clubs, is an annual club football competition organized by the Confederation of African Football and contested by top-division African clubs.
The winners of the competition are determined through a round robin group stage to qualify for a double-legged knockout stage, and then a single leg final.
It is widely regarded as the most prestigious club championship in African football as well as one of the most prominent football events on the global stage.
The winner of this competition will not only earn a spot in the FIFA Club World Cup, which is a competition between the champion clubs from each of the six continental confederations, but they will also play in the CAF Super Cup against the winner of the CAF Confederation Cup in the season after they win this competition.
Clubs who do not qualify for the Champions League but finish in second place in their respective national leagues are eligible for the CAF Confederation Cup, which is the competition’s second tier.
The most victories belong to Egyptian teams, who have won a total of sixteen, followed by Moroccan clubs, which have seven. The countries of Morocco, Egypt, Tunisia, and Algeria each have three clubs that have won the championship, making them the countries with the greatest number of champions.
There have been a total of 26 different clubs that have triumphed in this competition, 12 of them have done so several times. The most successful club in the history of the league is Al Ahly, which has won the championship a staggering ten times, setting a new record.
Wydad Casablanca is the current reigning champion after defeating Al Ahly in the final of the 2022 tournament by a score of two goals to none.
- Cape Town City v AS Otoho Winner will meet Black Bulls or Petro Atletico
- RC Kadiogo v Asante Kotoko Winner will meet Gaborone or AS Vita Club
- Red Arrows v Premiro Agosto Winner will meet Big Bullets v Simba SC
- Rivers United v Watanga FC Winner will play Wydad AC in the next round.
- APR FC vs AS Monastir Winner will play Al Ahly in the next round.
- Real Bongui vs Vipers SC Winner will play TP Mazembe in the next stage.
- CotonSport v ASEC Mimosas Winner will play Hawaks of Gambia or Horoya AC of Guinea.
- Zalan of South Sudan v Yanga SC of Tanzania Winner will play St. George of George or Al Ahli Tripoli of Libya.
- Flambo D. vs Al Ittihad Winner will meet Elite Sport of Chad or Zamalek SC of Egypt.