The song “Lele Remix” by Kenyan artists YBW Smith, Lilmaina, and Sosa The Prodigy is a celebration of Kenyan slang and Gengetone. The song is full of catchy lyrics and a danceable beat, and it has quickly become a popular hit in Kenya.
The song begins with a story about a man who is approached by a woman who claims to be a “lele,” or a promiscuous woman. The man is initially attracted to the woman, but he is soon turned off when he learns that her friend is a “njege,” or a lesbian.
The song then shifts to a more braggadocious tone, as the artists boast about their success in the music industry. They claim to be the best rappers in Kenya, and they dismiss the competition.
The song also features a number of references to Kenyan slang. For example, the artists use the term “kapa” to refer to a thousand Kenyan shillings. They also use the term “mzinga” to refer to a woman’s vagina.
“Lele Remix” is a fun and catchy song that is sure to get you moving. It is also a celebration of Kenyan culture and language.
You may Like:
- Ommy Dimpoz Ft. Seyi Shay – Yanje Audio: A Soulful Connection
- Nandy Ft. Aslay – Subalkheri Mpenzi Audio: A Love Song with Deep Emotions
Here are some of the specific lyrics that I found interesting:
- The line “Cheki denge alinipigia tenje” is a play on words. “Denge” can mean both “a woman” and “a fish.” In this context, it is likely that the artist is referring to a woman who is both beautiful and promiscuous.
- The line “What a shame beshte yake alikuwa njege” is a commentary on the hypocrisy of some women who claim to be promiscuous but are actually lesbians.
- The line “Kati yetu hakuna rapper ananiweza” is a bold statement of the artist’s confidence in his own skills.
- The line “Collabo mi sitaki mi natoa doba genje” is a rejection of the idea of collaborating with other artists. The artist is asserting his independence and his willingness to stand on his own.
- The line “Niki-niki-niki come through watacheat” is a warning to other artists that the artist is not afraid to compete.
Overall, “Lele Remix” is a well-crafted song that is sure to appeal to fans of Kenyan music. It is a celebration of Kenyan culture and language, and it is a testament to the creativity of the artists involved. Stream Below;