Tanzanian rapper Darassa has released a new song titled “Information.” The song is a warning to the masses about the dangers of misinformation and the importance of being critical of the information you consume.
The song begins with a warning from Darassa’s mother: “Did your Mom not tell you, don’t go play outside when the weather is bad?” This is a metaphor for the dangers of being exposed to misinformation. Just as you can get sick if you go outside in bad weather, you can be harmed by misinformation.
In the first verse, Darassa raps about the importance of being prepared for anything. He says that if you don’t stay alert, you will be taken advantage of. He also warns against running away from challenges, saying that it will only make you weak.
In the second verse, Darassa compares the media to a radio that has lost its signal. He says that the media is no longer reliable and that people should be skeptical of the information they hear. He also warns against being too quick to judge, saying that you should always get the full story before forming an opinion.
The chorus of the song repeats the phrase “We si unataka INFORMATION?” This is a question to the listener, asking if they are interested in learning more about the world around them. Darassa is encouraging people to be critical thinkers and to seek out information from reliable sources.
The song ends with a warning to those who are rude or disrespectful. Darassa says that he is not afraid to stand up for himself and that he will not tolerate disrespect. He also warns that those who are rude will eventually be humbled.
“Information” is a powerful song with a message that is relevant to everyone. Darassa is a talented rapper and his message is clear: be critical of the information you consume and be prepared for anything.
Here are some of the specific lyrics that I found to be particularly interesting or noteworthy:
- “Usipolala macho hauna chako umeuwawa” – This line means that if you don’t stay alert, you will lose everything.
- “Ukikimbia battle we sio commando ni coward” – This line means that if you run away from a challenge, you are a coward.
- “Uku kina cha bahari umezoea kuoga kwenye bwawa” – This line means that if you are used to living in luxury, you will not be able to handle the challenges of life.
- “Utapagawa manyanga madawa, ni Mungu anagawa ndio anayenipa power” – This line means that God is the source of all power and that drugs and other substances will only lead to destruction.
- “Tuko kwenye rush hour, kutoka bila shower kula bila kunawa” – This line means that we are living in a fast-paced world and that people are often too busy to take care of themselves.
- “Ukijifanya rude mimi mwenyewe nimepinda jambazi Masudi” – This line means that Darassa is not afraid to stand up to anyone, even a dangerous criminal.
- “No Cash No Food Baba utakula hiyo Attitude” – This line means that if you are rude, you will eventually be humbled.
I think that “Information” is a well-crafted song with a message that is important for everyone to hear. Darassa is a talented rapper and his voice is powerful. I hope that this song will inspire people to be more critical thinkers and to be prepared for anything.