Matokeo Ya Kidato Cha Sita (ACSEE) 2023 Na Ualimu 2023 (FORM SIX NECTA REULTS 2023). Tanzania National Examination Results Announces the results for the 2023 sat national examination. NECTA RESULTS 2023/24. Nationa Examination Results are now out.
After Tanzania Mainland had pulled out of the East African Examinations Council, in 1971 and before NECTA was established by Law, in 1973, the Curriculum and Examinations Section of the Ministry of Education was responsible for all examinations.
With the establishment of NECTA, the Examinations became its responsibility in accordance with the law. The Curriculum continued to be under the Ministry of Education and the University College, Dar es Salaam until when it was taken over by the newly established, autonomous Institute of Curriculum Development (ICD) in 1975, which in 1993 was renamed as the Tanzania Institute of Education (TIE).
Between 1972 and 1976 the first staff of NECTA were recruited, among them was Mr. P. P Gandye who was recruited in 1972 and later on in 1994 was appointed as Executive Secretary. The other staff members continued to be recruited and especially so when NECTA’s premises moved from the Ministry of Education Headquarters to the present premises at Kijitonyama near Mwenge. Currently the number of NECTA’s staff is more than 340.
The National Examinations Council of Tanzania (NECTA) is Government Institution which was established by the Parliamentary Act No. 21 of 1973. NECTA is responsible for the administration of all National Examinations and Assessments in Tanzania.
The decision to establish NECTA was a follow-up of an earlier move, in April 1971, when Tanzania Mainland pulled out of the East African Examinations Council (EAEC) to conduct her own examinations. Zanzibar pulled out of EAEC in 1970.
Before the pull out, between 1968 and 1971, Tanzania sat for foreign Secondary School Examinations conducted jointly by the East African Syndicate, which before then were conducted by the Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate alone.
NATIONAL EXAMINATIONS COUNCIL OF TANZANIA
ACSEE 2023 EXAMINATION RESULTS ENQUIRIES
|CLICK ANY LETTER BELOW TO FILTER CENTRES BY ALPHABET
The Examinations conducted by the Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate then were the School Certificate and the Higher School Certificate Examinations. The School Certificate Examinations was taken by the African Students for the first time in 1947 and that of the Higher School Certificate in 1960.
See also: Matokeo Ya Mtihani Wa Taifa Kidato Cha Sita Shule Ya Secondary Ganako (Ganako Form Six Necta Results 2023)
Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (ACSEE)
This is offered to candidates who have completed two years of secondary education (advanced level) and have had three credits at CSEE level.
The Examination Calendar
The ACSEE is administered on the first week of May every year.
The objectives of ACSEE
The objectives of this examination are to assess the learner’s knowledge and ability to pursue with further education such as diploma and degree courses; to examine the extent to which the learners can use the skills gained to meet the social, political, economic and technological challenges for the individual and the national development at large. Therefore, candidates at this level are expected to possess the following skills in a broad range of activities: knowledge, comprehension, application, analysis, synthesis and evaluation.
Eligibility of Candidates who Seats for the Examination
This examination is offered to candidates who have completed two years of secondary education (advanced level) and have had three credits at CSEE level.
The examined subject sat ACSEE are as follow: General Studies which is compulsory subject; other subject are grouped in combination, i.e., natural science which include Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM), Physics Chemistry and Biology (PCB), Physics Geography and Mathematics (PGM), Economics, Geography and Mathematics (EGM), Chemistry, Biology and Geography (CBG), Chemistry, Biology and Agriculture (CBA) and Chemistry, Biology and Food and Human Nutrition (CBN). Another category is Arts Combinations which Includes History, Geography and English Language (HGL), History, Geography and Kiswahili (HGK), History, Kiswahili and English Language (HKL), Kiswahili, English Language and French (KLF), Economics, Commerce and Accountancy (ECA) and History, Geography and Economics (HGE).
Each subject has an examination format, which describes the structure of the examination paper, rubric and the content in which that particular examination covers. The details of subjects addressed are shown in individual examinations formats that can be accessed in the examination formats link.
Matokeo Ya Kidato Cha Sita (ACSEE) 2023 Na Ualimu 2023 (FORM SIX NECTA REULTS 2023)
- Matokeo Ya Mtihani Kidato Cha Sita (ASCEE)
- Matokeo Ya Mtihani Wa Ualimu (DSEE)
- Matokeo Ya Mtihani Wa Ualime (GATCE)
- Matokeo Ya Mtihani Wa Ualimu (GATSCCE)
The objective of national examinations serve several purposes including:
- Assessment of student performance: National examinations are designed to assess the knowledge, skills, and competencies of students in specific subjects or areas of study. They provide an objective measure of a student’s academic abilities and achievements.
- Standardization and quality control: National examinations help establish a standardized benchmark for educational institutions, ensuring that students across the country are held to the same academic standards. They play a crucial role in maintaining the quality and consistency of education.
- Accountability: National examinations hold educational institutions accountable for the quality of education they provide. The results can be used to evaluate the effectiveness of teaching methods, curriculum design, and overall school performance.
- College admissions and future opportunities: National examination results often play a significant role in college admissions processes. They provide a common evaluation criterion that helps universities and other higher education institutions make informed decisions about admitting students. Additionally, good performance on national examinations can open doors to scholarships, grants, and other educational opportunities.
- Education system evaluation and improvement: The results of national examinations can provide valuable insights into the strengths and weaknesses of the education system. They can be used to identify areas that need improvement, inform educational policy decisions, and guide curriculum development.
It’s important to note that while national examinations can be an essential tool for evaluating student performance and education systems, they are not the sole determinant of a student’s abilities or potential. Other factors, such as continuous assessments, projects, extracurricular activities, and personal qualities, should also be considered in a comprehensive evaluation of a student’s capabilities.