Pa Omar Jobe is a name to watch in African football. The 25-year-old Gambian forward, currently plying his trade for Tanzanian giants Simba SC, has already carved out a promising career with his pace, power, and clinical finishing ability.
Born in Yundum, The Gambia, Jobe’s journey began at the tender age of 10 when he joined the Gamtel Academy. His talent was quickly recognized, and he progressed through the ranks, eventually making his senior debut for the club in 2017.
Jobe‘s performances for Gamtel caught the eye of scouts across Africa, and in 2019, he secured a move to Moroccan club FAR Rabat. He spent two seasons in Morocco, honing his skills and showcasing his abilities on a bigger stage.
In January 2024, Jobe made a significant step in his career, joining Simba SC, one of the most successful clubs in East Africa. Despite the step up in competition, Jobe has adapted seamlessly, quickly establishing himself as a key player for the Tanzanian champions.
- Position: Attack – Centre-Forward
- Foot: Right
- Height: 1.86 m
- Citizenship: The Gambia
- Current Club: Simba SC
- Date Joined: Jan 15, 2024
Jobe is a versatile attacker who can play as a central striker or out wide. He is known for his:
- Pace and power: He can outrun defenders and use his strength to hold off challenges.
- Clinical finishing: He has a natural eye for goal and can score with both feet.
- Aerial ability: His height makes him a threat in the air, both for scoring and winning headers.
- Link-up play: He is good at bringing teammates into play and creating scoring opportunities.
At 25, Jobe is still young and has plenty of time to develop his potential. He has already represented The Gambia national team and is expected to be a key player for them in the years to come. With his talent and dedication, Jobe has the potential to reach the highest levels of African football, and perhaps even beyond.